Wednesday, October 3, 2012

TONIGHT'S DEBATE: AN APPROPRIATELY INAPPROPRIATE SHIRT

The University of Denver hosts the first presidential debate tonight.  Not sure I'll be tuning in, but if I do, it will be to watch the drama unfold and the spectacle of it all.  Kind of like watching live sports, but without a real rooting interest, at least not for me.  Truth be told (and there won't be a lot of that going on tonight), I'm not exactly enamored with either man.

Politics aside, and from purely a sporting man's perspective, there is a tendency to give a slight nod to Obama.  Having spent zero time looking into this, I recall that the president had a basketball court installed at the White House, weighted in on the NCAA and Bowl Championship Series dialog, and most recently offered his opinion on the NFL and the situation with the replacement referees.  Otherwise, on the whole, I guess you could say that he's been a bit of a charlatan and a fraud.  Really, did they ever resolve the issue of his birthplace or citizenship?  All that aside, the man likes to have a few beers and basically has what amounts to a microbrewery at the White House.  Works for me.  Granted, he's a bit of lightweight in my book, never seen hoisting more than a single 12oz glass of beer.  Make no mistake, he's definately no George Bush, and we all know what a big drinker number 43 was. 

Speaking of numbers, the man who issued the proclamation about the 47% of Americans, leaves a bit to be desired too.  I have no idea what his personal sports history is, but I'm guessing that he was hell on the squash court back in the day, currently plays a mean game of golf, and is probably a regular bad ass on the badminton court.


Whichever way the nation ultimately votes, one thing for sure is that the nation appears to be on a downward spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment