Thursday, August 30, 2012

CODE PINK AT THE REPUBLICAN CONVENTION?

The big question this morning is not the results of the NFL preseason games that were played last night, not the status of hurricane Isaac, but who issued the CODEPINK last night at the Republican National Convention in Tampa.  It wasn't Jack Nicholson, wasn't a few good men either.  You can be damn sure the order didn't come from Guantanamo Bay.  That much is certain.

Retired Colonel Ann Wright flipped Paul Ryan the following verbal full-bird, “You cannot be compassionate and kill people in the war of choice, the war on Iraq. I’m an Army Colonel, I am a former US diplomat, and these wars of choice that both the Republicans and the Democrats have had are terrible for our national security.”

Later, Rae Abileah, the co-director of CODEPINK erupted with “The blood of Iraqi children is on your hands. Thousands of young soldiers my age have lost their lives unnecessarily in a war based on Condoleezza Rice and the Bush administration’s lies. True patriotism does not look like illegal bombing and lying into war that kills innocent civilians.”
Now I'll be the first to admit that I don't know Jack about this woman's group, but I do know that political dissent is healthy and necessary.  I don't believe in unicorns, pretty pink ponies, or I imagine the views of the feminazi chicks that belong to this group, but these outbursts added a nice touch of drama to the scene at the NPR.

PINK HORSE available on a wide variety of great productsat CafePress


No comments:

Post a Comment