Saturday, May 19, 2012

"MILKSHAKES ALL AROUND" AT THE PREAKNESS


I don't know Jack about horse racing, and even less about whether "I'll Have Another", the winner of the Kentucky Derby, will have any real shot at grabbing the second jewel of the Triple Crown Saturday at the 137th running of the Preakness at Pimlico today.  He'll obviously have another go at it, running from post 9 in a field of 11 horses.  It's really anybody's guess whether that's particularly good for him or not, but what we do know is that with Bodemeister in the mix, things might not bode too well for "I'll Have Another" pulling off another upset win.  But wait...
Another thing to throw into the mix is "milkshaking" and trainer Doug O'Neil's propensity for using this old school 'training technique' .  This less than legal practice in which a mixture of bicarbonate of soda, sugar and electrolytes are pumped into a horse’s nostrils to delay the sensation of fatigue, could give "I'll Have Another" a cheater's chance down the stretch.
The hell with Mint Juleps, if "I'll Have Another" wins, I'll burst into the nearest McDonalds and snort one of those milkshakes up my own nostril!  Right before the brain freeze, I'll buy a round of milkshakes for everybody, but pass on another one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment