Friday, May 25, 2012

I'LL HAVE ANOTHER MILKSHAKE


Publicly our buddy Doug (that's Mr. Douglas O'Neill to all of you) denies giving any of his horses a 'Milkshake', least of all his superstar colt.
I can tell you that privately he is very open and vocal about the drinkin' habits of all his horses, especially "I'll Have Another".
When I asked what he would do if he wins the Triple Crown, 'ole Doug hooked his arms around his co-conspirators and said, "well, triple shots of Royal Crown for all hands, right fellas?"  
With a wry smile he added, "It was no fluke that we won the Kentucky Derby from post 19, the first time that's ever been done, and with a rookie jockey no less."  He wrapped up our conversation with a peculiar and barely comprehensible reference to New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, saying,"I'll tell you what, if the NFL and the court of public opinion can let the Patriots and Billy Belicheat keep the Lombardi, I have no problem serving out my little suspension.  I've got my eye on the prize and no one is gonna be takin' it away". 

No comments:

Post a Comment