Thursday, September 27, 2012

THE KANSAS CITY ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACK TOWEL

Yesterday when I got home from work, my daughter informed me that our dog was celebrating his birthday. Great.  Naturally, I neglected to bring him home a present.

Not sure how old Chief is, but sadly he's getting up there in age.  He is a big white greyhound and lab mix, and although he hasn't shown obvious signs of old age, the subject makes my wife and daughter a little sad.  Me too, I admit.  Chief and I have watched a lot of games together, chuggin' down beers in good times and in bad.  Over the years he's ruined a couple of remotes and deflated an official NFL football.  One identified by the "Official Size and Weight" declaration on the side and hefty price tag, especially since it met it's demise as an expensive chew toy.  Can't say I blame him.  Seems he's always loved the excitement and pure emotion of NFL 'Game Day'.



Old Chief has enjoyed lapping up the suds from my beer, often plunging his tongue into my brew, and making a mess in the process.  With his advancing years, I'm afraid I'm going to need a special rag for sopping up the spills on game day.  Although we're fans of our hometown Pittsburgh Steelers and not the Kansas City Chiefs, I may have to purchase a Kansas City Armchair Quarterback kitchen towel in honor of our dog.  He was really named for  Art Rooney, the patriarch of the Steelers, but his ears always perk up whenever he hears someone referring to the team from Kansas City.  Anyway, the unintended association is one that I will fondly remember, long after he and I have watched our last game together, and shared our last beer.




Got a similar situation? Then go get yourself an Armchair Quarterback towel too.  They are advertised as kitchen towels, double as rally towels, and soak up beer spills as well as tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment